[pianotech] pin block inserts

Terry Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Apr 1 05:43:17 MDT 2010

Ahhhhhhhhh - miscommunication resolved! Yup, I remember now that your
block is out. Yes, mine was mortised into the sides of the piano - my
main reason for not replacing entire block. Being that yours is out,
assuming the bottom of your block is flat, I would simply cut a piece
of 3/4" plywood out to the shape of the pinblock, put a piece of
plastic on top of the plywood and clamp the plywood to the pinblock
with about eight or ten C-clamps.

Sorry for the confusion.

I wish I had a better picture, but you can see the inserts in this
picture.

Terry Farrell