[pianotech] Plate finishing

jimialeggio jimialeggio at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 05:41:50 MDT 2010

>  I use water based finishes from Target Coatings to spray plates
I've been trying to figure out how to do this...Yay for you!
>  The powders have to be mixed into the sanding sealer, then after spraying the gold powder-sanding sealer mix I spray a few coats of sanding sealer clear with out the powder to seal the gold color coat.
>
> Larry Hofner

So is this sanding sealer their water base product or solvent based?

I've alway thought that a water based application here would be more
friendly in this application, since it is by nature more flexible.  How
do you find it performs in the chipping department later on.

I'm already using water base  products  for the  all other
finishing.....by the way I would love to see the Journal find someone
who could introduce techs to these environmentally responsible products,
which, by the way, are much much easier to be around in the shop
environment...Aurthur Grudko comes to mind...

Jim I

--
Jim Ialeggio
grandpianosolutions.com