[pianotech] Plate finishing

lsclhofer at juno.com lsclhofer at juno.com
Thu Apr 1 08:35:37 MDT 2010

>  I use water based finishes from Target Coatings to spray plates
I've been trying to figure out how to do this...Yay for you!
>  The powders have to be mixed into the sanding sealer, then after spraying the gold
powder-sanding sealer mix I spray a few coats of sanding sealer clear with out the powder
to seal the gold color coat.

> Larry Hofner

So is this sanding sealer their water base product or solvent based?

Jim
The sanding sealer is water based. As far as chipping, the water based finish is not as brittle so it dents or rips more than chip if you bang it.
Larry Hofer
Hofer Piano Works
Corona CA
Refinance Now 4.0% FIXED!
$160,000 Mortgage for $633/mo. Free. No Obligation. Get 4 Quotes!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4bb4af8234c2267cacst01vuc