[pianotech] Tool for plate removal

Terry Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Apr 1 13:19:16 MDT 2010

That sounds like mounting overkill to me William - all you really need
is a couple good anchors in the drywall!   ;-)

Well, maybe in your dreams that is. Your method sounds similar to how
I have mine mounted to the ceiling. I have two 4X4s traversing four
joists with a 1/4" steel plate spanning the two 4X4s (you can see the
4X4s on either side of the chainfall and the plate on top of them).
Then I have a large (some number of tons) cast eye bolt going through
the plate with a nut or two on the other side. Pretty solid setup I
think.

Terry Farrell