[pianotech] plate strut crack

reggaepass at aol.com reggaepass at aol.com
Fri Apr 2 14:30:49 MDT 2010

Joe,

I wish it were an April fool's joke (although I can't seem to find the humor in it either!).  I am familiar with the cosmetic "looks like a crack in the plate, but is just in the finish" to which you refer, and I cannot say conclusively that this is not one of those.  I will get up close and personal with it, light and magnifier in hand, next chance I get.  I suspect that it is an actual crack in the plate because it goes all the way around the strut in question (the cosmetic cracks I have encountered have been more along the lines of the one in your photo, meandering on a single flat surface).

Thanks for your input,

Alan Eder