[pianotech] Pitch raising tensions...was Grey market whatever

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Fri Apr 2 22:23:21 MDT 2010

Joseph Garrett wrote:
> Ron said, to my comment: ">I got just slightly over 500
>  > pounds additional tension...OVER ALL!
>
> I got 858 lbs on a Yamaha studio, and 1041 lbs on a S$S D."
>
> Ah so! That's with high tension pianos And with pianos that have more
> strings. <G> I did my calcs on a medium tensioned pianer.

More strings? High tension? How about a Chickering quarter
grand going from 35748 to 36575, or 827 lbs with the same
pitch parameters. Is that high tension, or are you talking
about some aberrant rectangular box to which normal numbers
don't apply? Specificity?

>That, in and
> of itself, exemplifies the differences encountered with the vast
> plethora of PSOs!<G>

I don't see how this could possibly be less informative.
Clarification, please?
Ron N