[pianotech] regulation problem

jimialeggio jimialeggio at gmail.com
Sun Apr 4 20:44:57 MDT 2010

David Weiss wrote:
> What do you mean by excavating felt?

I haven't experimented with Ed McMorrow's "Lighthammer" trimming (though
its on my mind), but he removes a fair amount of  felt from the
shoulders with a razor blade.  Perhaps he might chime in here if he's
lurking.

The folks who own the Frederick Collection of Historical Grand Pianos in
Ashburnham, MA have also performed this "excavation" on a couple of
their modern period instruments in an attempt to achieve a hammer weight
approaching what they surmise as hammer weight original to the action.

Jim I

--
Jim Ialeggio
grandpianosolutions.com