[pianotech] cleaning key tops

Chuck Behm behmpiano at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 14:20:41 MDT 2010

>I would start with some auto polishing compound (if it's plastic) which may
well do the trick.  Do it by hand with a slightly damp cloth.  Likely that
will take off the marker.  David Love<

Marshall - This is a good idea, very likely it will work and save you a lot
of elbow grease. One thing I would add is that if it does work on the keys
which have been marked on, I would also apply the treatment to all the rest
as well. Otherwise the treated keys will stand out from the others by their
shine. Clean the whole set (and charge accordingly). Chuck