[pianotech] Pinblock expensive experiment

jimialeggio jimialeggio at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 06:32:29 MDT 2010

I was thinking about your original glueup problem...I would bet that a
good part of what happened was caused by the way you clamped your stock.

1- did you clamp the multi-lam and delignit together without flat cauls
top and bottom
2- looking at the clamp setup in your new glueup, the clamping cauls
reaching across that wide presumably flat table are exerting unequal
pressure, ie lots of pressure at the edges and considerably less in the
center.  As well, the clamps reaching over that wide distance will tend
to deform (cup) the previously flat gluing table. The clamp pressure
above and below should be right on the piece not offset.

Just some thoughts..hope its helpful

Jim I

--
Jim Ialeggio