[pianotech] Pitch change, etc.

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Wed Apr 7 09:38:44 MDT 2010

Scott Nelson wrote:
> Hi Ron,
>
> Could you give us a little more information in regards to thickness,
> species ( I assume rock maple), and what specifically are the "bundles"
> to which you were referring? I tried navigating through the website and
> didn't see anything like you described.

Species is maple, thickness is 0.6mm, and the bundles are 24
sequential slices off the flitch, whatever length and width it
happens to be. Go to http://www.veneeronline.com/Search.aspx
In the top search window, type m. You can then use the scroll
bar to get down to the first bundle of maple. You used to be
able to look at a bunch of bundles side by side to compare,
but now you apparently have to look at each one individually.

Here's the first one
http://www.veneeronline.com/bundles.aspx?logNo=MAPLE-1083
Here's the second
http://www.veneeronline.com/bundles.aspx?logNo=MAPLE-14263
etc...

Look at the tally sheet (click on the link) and you'll see a
list of bundles from that log. Some have photos, some not.
If you find something you like the look of, call them with the
log and bundle number.
Ron N