[pianotech] Initial pinblock torque

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Thu Apr 8 19:42:40 MDT 2010

I've been using pin driving fluid for some time now and while I can't say
exactly what it does I do notice that the torque seems to change less over
time than when I haven't used it. That may be because the torque levels
start out a bit lower.  This study is very interesting in this respect.  I
do notice that with the PDF that the effort needed to drive the pin into the
block is considerably less and I wonder if the lubricity that it provides
while driving in the pin doesn't minimize the stress and damage caused by
that process in and of itself.  If nothing else it makes it a lot easier to
drive the pin.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com