[pianotech] Promote our business = Promote THEIR business

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Fri Apr 9 12:21:12 MDT 2010

John

You've got a very good idea. One way I try to promote not just playing the piano, but music in general, is by promoting the vocal ensembles I sing in. I sing with the Honolulu Symphony Orchestra Chorus and the Honolulu Choral Ensemble. Between those two organization, there are about a dozen programs a year. I don't sell the tickets to these events, but I do promote them, especially during the week when I sing a concert

I also encourage people to take lessons. As with a lot of you, a lot of pianos were bought for kids to take lessons. But they stopped taking lessons years ago, and so the piano just sits there. So I encourage my clients to start taking lessons. Although my wife teaches, not everyone lives close enough to take lessons from her. Therefore, I have a list of piano teachers with me, sorted by zip codes.

Wim