[pianotech] Will Flitz clean Key tops?

Steve Blasyak atuneforyou at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 13:20:20 MDT 2010

Hey Now to all,

I decided to do some sperimintn' this week. Hopefully the pictures will come
through with the post this time, (had some problems on my last post).

On Thursday I marked an old key top with black marker pen. Let it dry for
two days in moderately warm weather 80's ish. This morning I cleaned it off
with the flitz on the first pass.

Will flitz clean key tops? You betcha.

Now I'll admit this experiment may be un-scientific. All key top material is
not the same. Some may be more porous than others. All ink may not be
created equal either. Just a suggested alternative before you break out the
sand paper.

Steve Blasyak
Orange County Chapter