[pianotech] How NOT to move a grand piano

William Truitt surfdog at metrocast.net
Sun Apr 11 14:28:58 MDT 2010

I accept your premise about the two feet in the truck, judging from the
pictures.  Even if it did "just clip", that still begs the question - Why
wasn't somebody watching? And why didn't they spin it sideways on the gate,
as virtually everyone has suggested?  To borrow a phrase from Forrest Gump,
"Stupid is, as stupid does."

If he doesn't understand why it happened, I definitely wouldn't hire them
for the next move, bad luck or no.  But judging from the worldwide
publicity, they are probably getting fewer calls anyway.

Will