[pianotech] X-Ratcheting Counter Bearing Shim

Ron Overs sec at overspianos.com.au
Sun Apr 11 20:06:02 MDT 2010

David and all,

We change the counterbearing arrangement
similarly. I also regard it as important to have
enough free string length segment on the
tuning-pin side of the agraffe - 20 mm works out
to be about the optimum (we have done tests
in-house to establish this). Certainly, those
pianos from makers who insist on running the
counterbearing felt very close to the agraffe,
tend not to speak quite as well as they otherwise
would.

Good to see that nicely prepared plate, David.

Ron O.

--
OVERS PIANOS - SYDNEY
    Grand Piano Manufacturers