[pianotech] gmail photos and other OT stuff

Steve Blasyak atuneforyou at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 14:19:54 MDT 2010

Hey Now,

I'm kinda glad this topic came up. I like my gmail account for the most
part, and I use almost exclusively for the tech list. Although it is my
listed address on the PTG website, so I do get customer inquiries at this
address as well. So it is dedicated to piano stuff.

Now I'll readily admit that I'm the tech challenged type. Perhaps I have
some stripped down version of gmail, but I can't figure out how to cut and
paste on gmail. If I'm quoting or using a previous post, I either have to
copy it down by hand or save it to another file or program. For the record I
don't have this problem with cut and paste in any other email program. I can
do it just fine on my hotmail or yahoo account. Can anyone enlighten me??

I've recently had a problem with posting photos. When I did finally get them
posted a few days late they were a link by a link by Kent (I guess). How do
you guys get these photos posted with the email itself? Perhaps I'm sending
them in the wrong format? Do I need to convert them into jpeg first?

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Steve Blasyak
Orange County Chapter