[pianotech] Disklavier DC installation

William Monroe bill at a440piano.net
Wed Apr 14 22:53:46 MDT 2010

Barbara,

I can't say that I can answer the specific question you pose.  I have the
same one, and may be trying it soon.  If you do, please post any follow up
results.  Without any experiental data, I would avoid the traditional
undercover - the heat generated from the Disklavier is substantial and I
would suspect adding the undercover would cause the system to run on the
wetter.

Regarding Don's assessment, I dream and in fact install many DC units on
grands sans the undercover and the improvements are remarkable.  I believe
the undercover adds more, but it's not fair to suggest that no undercover
means the system is ineffective.

William R. Monroe