[pianotech] Value of Client List

George Takats geotak at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 18:32:29 MDT 2010

The best way to treat it is as if you sell your business. In a service
business the fair market value of it is one years gross revenue. As you
mentioned not everybody have their piano tuned on a regular basis. Therefore
an annual income is a good scale to value a business. It all boils down to
monetary value.
Just my humble opinion after 41 years of experience in tuning, repairing and
rebuilding and in retirement now, who sold his business after retirement
with a satisfactory arrangement.
Good luck,

George Takats