[pianotech] Pully keys

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Mon Apr 19 11:19:32 MDT 2010

John Delacour wrote:

> Any good ideas?

Ideas? Sure. Good ones? Maybe. It looks to me that you'd be
ahead in both quality and security of the job (if not time) by
inlaying a strip of something a little firmer, like poplar,
and drilling a new balance rail hole. Plowing out for the
inlay would both remove, and get you beyond the contaminated
wood, and you'd get a dependable glue line. Not exactly quick,
but more trustworthy that anything else I know of in this
situation.
Ron N