[pianotech] O.T. and the Heckler

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 27 15:01:00 MDT 2010

Y'all said: "
Subject: Re: [pianotech] Possible antivirus software misconceptions

AGAIN, BitDefender is as good as to what it knows about. It is still a
"reactionary" software - it has to know about the virus, worm, etc first
- before it can defend you.

Now, if everyone had a second permanent backup untouchable copy (read
only) of all the files on your computer, then a "proactive" copy of
antivirus software can be created.

Meaning the software can compare your "read only" copy to your "live"
copy of your files and flag and/or replace the "bad" file with your
read-only "good" file.

BUT, that means everyone would have to have a second hard drive (or
equivalent) to "mirror" ALL your GOOD files - BUT - ONLY - if you know
the files are good in the first place - another catch 22.

And, yes, I know I sound like Mr. Know-it-all, however, I was in the IT
/ Computer field for 24 years before getting into Pianos."

Duaine, et al,
How about putting an "O.T." thingee on your 'puter B.S.????!

Joe Garrett, R.P.T. (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I