[pianotech] puzzler

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Wed Apr 28 11:23:29 MDT 2010

The piano is a late Aeolian "Duo/Art" player. They wanted it
tuned before they moved out of state the end of next month.
And, incidentally, the player doesn't work.

The first puzzle is easy. They want it tuned because the
player doesn't work, not so much that it's been four years
since the last one, and in spite of the upcoming move. I
expect it crossed their minds that they might not find someone
after the move with low enough standards to condescend to get
the player working, assuming they had some idea how.

The second puzzle was why the player didn't work. After I got
there, she explained that they could pump rolls through, but
pushing the little button didn't make the electric work, so
it's broken.

So I fixed it.

How.
Ron N