[pianotech] advertising

Bruce Browning - The Piano Tuner justpianos at our.net.au
Thu Apr 29 04:29:35 MDT 2010

Marshall,
Use your own initiative. Where do you get information on various services
when you require them?
Make a list of people or groups who use, or have pianos.
ie. public halls, restaurants, masonic lodges, churches, choirs, music
teachers (not only piano teachers), schools and other educational
facilities, etc., then send out flyers, with testimonials.
Ask for testimonials if they are happy with your work.
You need to make people talk about you. Give all your clients a spare
business card, or flyer to pass on. Offer a discount voucher for their
next tuning, for each referral. Ask who their piano teacher is, then
contact them with cards to distribute. Use every opportunity to promote
your services. Much of this promotion is free.
Good luck.