[pianotech] Gulbransen Spinet Pedal

paul bruesch paul at bruesch.net
Thu Apr 29 17:06:46 MDT 2010

Yup, only broken pedal I've ever had was on a Gulbransen spinet.

I bought some aluminum channel "iron" (square "U" shape) just wide enough
for the pedal backend to fit in. Fill it up with JB Weld. Be sure to mark
the hole where the activating rod goes through so you can redrill it after
the repair. I did overkill and put a slab of aluminum over the top, too...
Be sure to leave room for the pivot at the back, too. Wish I'd taken pix...
(sorry)

Paul Bruesch
Stillwater, MN