[pianotech] Hydroceel

Zeno Wood zeno.wood at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 09:15:40 MDT 2010

Garrett-

Neither can I.  It seems they're widely used in Europe.  There's also
something similar for string instruments, the dampit (www.dampits.com),
which I've been told is very good.  Before anyone starts screaming, I'll say
that I'm NOT advocating the use of rubber or plastic tubing with sponges
inside as an effective method of compensating for low humidity in the
northeastern region of the United States, nor am I advocating the use of
beer (except applied internally), mason jars filled with water, or any other
precariously placed liquid as a means of protecting one's piano from the
ravages of low humidity.

It's just interesting, that's all I'm saying, and a client wanted one.
Tha's all.

Regards,
Zeno

----------------------
Zeno,
I can't imagine that Hydroceel is anywhere near as effective as a
Dampp-Chaser Climate control system.

Kindest Regards,

Garret

Garrett,

Neither can I.  But they're widely used in Europe.  There's also
something similar for string instruments, the Dampit
(www.dampits.com).  Before anyone starts screaming, I'll go on the
record as saying that the

-Zeno