[pianotech] Seeking large screws

Rob & Helen Goodale rrg at unlv.nevada.edu
Fri Apr 30 12:23:32 MDT 2010

Hello all,

I am in need of four oval head screws, (not flat or round head).  I need them 4" in length and what appears to be about size #18.  Steel is preferred over brass but I think I'd be willing to accept either.  Stainless would be a great bonus but I have my doubts about that one.

These will be used to secure a band organ façade on a restoration I'm working on.  These were commonly used on many piano plates so surely someone must have a few rolling around in a coffee can under a work bench.  New replacements are no longer available in 4".   The maximum size available now appears to be 3".   I think about all the old junk pianos I've tossed over the years which probably contained exactly what I'm looking for!

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV