[pianotech] Spinet Hammer Butt Springs

Matthew Todd toddpianoworks at att.net
Sun Aug 22 18:57:19 MDT 2010

In the July, 2009 journal, there is a procedure for replacing upright hammer butt springs.  In the article it explains slipping a steel rod through the coil of each spring.

I will be replacing a set of springs on a spinet soon.  I went to Home Depot and the smallest diameter steel wire was still too big to push through the coil of my sample spinet spring I had with me.

Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks!

TODD PIANO WORKS
Matthew Todd, Piano Technician
(979) 248-9578
http://www.toddpianoworks.com