[pianotech] Bleaching Ivory Keys

Al Guecia/Allied PianoCraft alliedpianocraft at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 1 14:21:55 MST 2010

Hi All,

I know this has been discussed at length. I usually put my ivory keys in the sun for bleaching with peroxide, but the weather has been cold and I'd like to have a setup up in my shop. What is the best light to use? I don't want to spend to much.

I don't know if there is enough UV output in grow lights or black lights. I was thinking about UV tanning lights, but I think the setup may be expensive. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Al -
High Point, NC