[pianotech] 1904 Steingraeber 56" OVERDAMPER upright

David Andersen david at davidandersenpianos.com
Thu Dec 2 15:33:28 MST 2010

Ladies and gentlemen---we need help on this one. A nice man bought a super clean, super-functional instrument, great board and bridges, pristine for its age; he wants to refelt/renew/replace inside and around the action, which is the old school overdamper style. BUT---the best, cleanest one I've ever seen. And the piano has a deep, rich tone. So we need
-regulation specs on this type of action
-regulation procedures
-best tuning protocols

See some pictures of the piano here:	https://cid-b09ed36649f0892e.photos.live.com/browse.aspx/Steingraeber%20Upright?view=thumbs

Mr. Garrett? Anyone? The man or woman who is intimately familiar with fine regulation of this type of action may well be hired for an hour or so at their highest rate so we can pick your brains with no holding back.

Eagerly awaiting your replies.....

David Andersen
Erik Diehl
www.davidandersenpianos.com