[pianotech] piano shop trolleys and the case of the evaporating floor space

jimialeggio jimialeggio at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 07:12:47 MST 2010

> Pianos roll around the shop easily enough, and I'm only about 5'5", so
> I'm usually trying to get the piano down to a workable height.

I like the soundboard at about 35".  For me its easier to maintain a
good posture around that height...not tall either, about 5'7".

Like Al, I also like the legs off for refinishing. I also like them off
to avoid creating extra work by dinging them up.

However, I have seen some dedicated shop "legs" set up with their own 3
or 4 wheel dollies. My question on these would be, I would assume that
over time the leg dovetails are anything but standard, and this would
make a one-size-fits-all leg difficult. Am I correct that the dovetails
are non-standard?.

Jim I

--
Jim Ialeggio