[pianotech] Grand dolly suggestion

Roger@Integra.net rgable at integra.net
Thu Dec 9 16:06:57 MST 2010

Donn,
It will absolutely not sustain the weight of the piano. Go to your local steel supply and purchase  3 flat steel strips that will span the double leg arrangements -- about 18". Drill holes at each end of the strips equal to the span of the double legs. Install machine screws into these holes that are large and long enough to effectively seat into the caster sockets holes -- original casters will need to be removed. Remove the factory leg cups from the grand dolly. Attach the 3 steel strips at their centers through the original holes from which the leg cups where attached.
Roger Gable