[pianotech] Grand dolly suggestion

Terry Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Dec 9 16:57:36 MST 2010

Don't do it! I presume you are talking about supporting the piano on
the horizontal piece of wood that runs between the two legs on each
leg assembly. I can't imagine that piece would be large enough.

A picture would be great, but without that, I'd maybe go in the
direction of modifying the dolly. Maybe bolt or weld a piece of steel
to the dolly that will run out both ways and support both legs. Steel
strength is well documented - just be sure that the steel will support
the weight without bending significantly.

Terry Farrell