[pianotech] Kawai aging

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Fri Dec 10 10:32:20 MST 2010

On 12/10/2010 6:22 AM, Gerald Groot wrote:
> Take note on the amount of use it is now receiving verses the past 3 years
> for example.  Take note where the heaters are located and all of that.  Is
> she opening windows that she didn't used to open?  Playing it more?  Tuning
> at different times of the year etc?
I don't know about your climate in Montana, but here in the Pacific
Northwest we've had more than the usual amount of rain in the summer
(usual is practically none), and more than usually mild winters (mostly
with the usual rain, but more sunny spells than normal, too). Sudden
jumps in humidity used to be confined to a week or two in the spring
when it got warm enough the heat got turned off, but it was still
raining. Right now on Dec. 10 we're having mild weather with highs in
the 50's, lows in the mid-forties, and lots of rain. I've been firing up
my masonry stove every two or three days instead of once a day (normal)
or twice a day (cold snap.)

So, is the piano actually changing, or is it your climate which is
changing?

Susan Kline