[pianotech] disability insurance

Gerald Groot tunerboy3 at comcast.net
Fri Dec 10 22:11:10 MST 2010

That is correct Wim but, I think Co said that too when she said “Disability is for illness and injury.”

The only variance here, is that you can purchase on the job disability through some insurance companies.  But, this costs more too.

You are correct on your tax information.  Thanks for adding that.

Remember, you always want your disability to be tax free when you collect on it because you are only getting 66% of your income.

Purchasing indemnity cancer plans, accident plans, sickness plans, hospital plans etc., will help to give extra cash when an illness or injury strikes.  This helps make up the difference from your 66 % disability plan.

Another thing to think about.  Old injuries, are considered illnesses’.  The foot ball injury from 1979?  Now it’s 2010?  Need surgery on that football injury?  It is considered an illness.

Workman’s comp does not cover injuries or accidents that happen somewhere besides work.  They have to happen at work.

Jer