[pianotech] Technician's manual

David Nereson da88ve at gmail.com
Sun Dec 12 12:20:45 MST 2010

Yes, the Reblitz book is good.  PTG also has a Guide to Field
Repairs ($30) and the various Journal Reprint books at $10 each,
or $50 for all nine of them, which covers a lot of material.
See the PTG Official Online Store.  Then there's the old Tuner's
Pocket Companion by Oliver Faust that Schaff sells -- it's sort
of old and quaint, but has a lot of the basic quirks and
repairs.  Floyd Stevens' "Piano Tuning, Repair & Repbuilding" is
similar to the Reblitz book, also from Schaff.
    If you're in Denver, the Denver Chapter may have some of
these which you could borrow or peruse.  The collection is kept
at Onofrio Pianos on South Broadway.  Ask for Ed Howes.  Or come
to a chapter meeting on the 2nd Tues. of each month (except
December and June - August).
    --David Nereson, RPT