[pianotech] knocking noise in Kawai KG-2S

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Mon Dec 13 09:39:44 MST 2010

Or loose key leads...?  Iike the keybedding thought most so far...

Paul

From:
Mike Spalding <mike.spalding1 at frontier.com>
To:
Paul Mulik <tubist at swbell.net>, pianotech at ptg.org
Date:
12/13/2010 10:33 AM
Re: [pianotech] knocking noise in Kawai KG-2S

Paul,

I agree with everyone who has suggested frontrail bedding as the most
likely cause.  However, 2 other knocks that have fooled me in the past: 1:
 Uneven key spacing combined with worn front rail bushings and/or loose
front rail pins combined with pianist technique striking the furthest keys
with a motion as much sideways as downward, causing keys to knock on
neighboring keys.  2:  Loose leads in damper underlevers.

Mike