[pianotech] Key balancing

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Tue Dec 14 21:46:14 MST 2010

A Cable spinet this morning, was a semitone low, and had the compulsory
non-repeating C-8, so I fixed both. I've done this to dozens, if not
hundreds of small pianos (mostly Baldwins, it seems [the key, that is]),
and it's the only thing I've found that is reliable. Takes about equal
amounts of time to disassemble and reassemble as to do the whittling.
This is why the bottom of my tool box has always had giant shavings of
one sort or another in it since day one.

Ron N