[pianotech] Key balancing

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Wed Dec 15 06:51:32 MST 2010

On 12/15/2010 7:06 AM, John Formsma wrote:

> Guess I should start carrying a pocket knife again. Used to, but don't
> care for the extra stuff in pockets these days. Normally, the only one I
> carry is a small keychain Swiss army knife.

I don't like being without a sharp edge anywhere I go. I find the
function much nicer than light pockets. I actually carry two
pocketknives. The 303 is for general purpose stuff, and the little 305
is kept very sharp, and is reserved for surgery. I've carved a lot of
splinters and slivers out of my hands through the years with that little
guy.

>The other ones are breakaway
> blades, which stay in the kit and trunk.

I have one of those, with the retractable saw. The saw is great, but
I've never liked the breakaway blades. Hollow ground edges are too
delicate for me, and generally useless. I prefer a real knife. Different
- uh - slices.
Ron N