[pianotech] OT Doubloons

Tom Rhea, Jr. rheapiano at cox.net
Wed Dec 15 20:07:10 MST 2010

Contraire, mes ami!  The only steel (i.e., zinc) pennies were from 1943.
There is a long-held -- and unsubstantiated -- rumor that there were some
steel/zinc pennies minted in 1944 but I wouldn't believe it.  The ones from
1943 are somewhat valuable if they're in at least good condition but worth
just a penny otherwise.

Tom