[pianotech] OT Doubloons

John Ashcraft jaashcraft at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 12:17:10 MST 2010

Back in the days when we children played with mercury, we noted that if you
rubbed a ball of mercury onto a Mercury dime, it looked really shiny... for
a while. When the mercury oxidized, it got dull and it became more
dangerous, but we all survived unscathed. For a good look at mercury
toxicity, see
http://corrosion-doctors.org/Elements-Toxic/Mercury-toxicology.htm
--John Ashcraft, RPT