[pianotech] Item found inside pianos

Paul McCloud pmc033 at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 17 04:51:54 MST 2010

I had a call from a woman had purchased a spinet for $100 from an elderly woman who was going into retirement.  It had some broken keys, so I went there to check out the  problem.  As I was opening the bottom board, I joked with her and said, "You never know what you're going to find in an old piano..."   As I opened the board, we found many pretty blue boxes of various sizes.  They were collectible coins.  We contacted the woman who sold it, who was very pleased, if not surprised, to have them.  It was a feel-good story that got in the local paper.
    Paul McCloud
    San Diego