[pianotech] Wing & Sons Upright

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Sat Dec 18 14:52:11 MST 2010

The one owned by anyone famous. Otherwise, they're pretty much done for.
Just museum pieces. The rest are only sentimental family heirlooms.  Only
memories has such value.  even when the piano is a PSO or POS. As Del
said, "They're all rebuildable" but does thousands of dollars make them
valuable?  Doubtful...I had to tell a prominent piano teacher in is 80's
(at the time 10 years ago) that the wonderful Chickering concert grand he
had in his living room once played by Rubenstein and Gershwin was in need
of "much work". He never winked an eye and said, "it is priceless", so it
doesn't need any work on on...to maintain the historic value"!.. I sighed
and "tried" to tune it...a nasty beasty to be sure.....

My thoughts anyways...
Paul