[pianotech] Found items

Gary Doudna doudna440 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 18:44:02 MST 2010

I used to look forward to working on old uprights, mostly for the occasional
silver quarter, etc. I would find, never finding the $20 gold piece I was
hoping for.  I did, once, while cleaning under the keys of a "not worthy of
a name" spinet, remove much stuff that mice had turned into a nest.  When I
started removing the knee board to do some pedal adjustment, I saw the owner
of the above nest moving along the trapwork.  I told the lady of the house
what I saw, and 30 seconds later, she handed me a B-B gun and asked me if I
could shoot it.  I did, with mixed emotions.  For a second, I thought I was
at the carnival shooting range.
Gary

--
Doudnas