[pianotech] Found items

Diane Hofstetter dianepianotuner at msn.com
Sun Dec 19 00:20:03 MST 2010

My best ever found experience was when I was just starting to open the piano.  An adorable little girl with brown hair and big brown eyes said to me in a tiny voice; "There's a bracelet down there" and pointed somewhere in the fifth octave of keys.  I asked her if she would like to have it back. "yes" said the tiny voice.

so, off came all the parts and the keys where she pointed were taken out.  "Ewwweew!!!" she said; "It's dirty down there!"  So I sent her off after her mother's vacuum cleaner.  For the next hour the little girl and I removed all the keys and cleaned out the keybed.

It was fun, not very profitable, but fun.  While we were working, she asked me what the most awful thing I found in a piano was.

My answer; "If you go outside your front door, turn right, walk to the corner, turn left, walk two blocks, turn right, you will come to a school.  In the piano in the cafeteria was a dead mouse."

"That's MY School!" she wailed.

Diane

Diane Hofstetter

[pianotech] Found items