[pianotech] M&H hammer flanges

Larry Fisher RPT larryf at pacifier.com
Tue Dec 21 08:09:33 MST 2010

Grand hammer flange, 24mm from center pin to screw hole, notch below the screw hole is a fat half inch wide, 3/32’s deep.

http://www.wessellnickelandgross.com/index.php/action-parts/shanks-flanges/mandh-current-shank-and-flange.html

I’m looking for wooden ones, I have two pianos in need and two technicians wanting some stock.  One piano is three years old the other is many decades older.  Both technicians are getting quite old as well.

Nina at M&H won’t break up complete sets, Schaff doesn’t have them nor does PianoTech.  I just called Wally’s daughter at Wally Brooks LTD and she energetically told me NO!!

I’m getting full of energy on this one but it’s not the awesome and freshly wonderful energy of Wally’s daughter.

I made some out of some Knabe flanges I had laying around but the method could take a few fingers if I did that much longer.  I need my fingers and I need some flanges.

Lar