[pianotech] How does fog freeze?

Conrad Hoffsommer choffsommer at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 25 05:51:37 MST 2010

It's pretty unless it's your car which looks like a white Chia pet.   If you are out in the woods on a hoarfrost morning, you can tell when the sun has hit and started to warm the branches by not only the tree snow but by the faint tinkling as the frost drops from the branches.  I usually can't hear it over the chainsaw, however. ;-)

In northern climes, you also learn different unofficial weather terms such as "frog"-freezing fog, "frain"-freezing rain, "frizzle"-freezing drizzle, "snain"-snow/rain mix, "slain"-sleet/rain and "*&^$!)($!!!!" -usually said whilst sliding toward ditch/curb/tree/car/fence/pole or just doing a 360.  You also know what 18" of flurries is like.

Merry Christmas!

Conrad Hoffsommer