[pianotech] Wurlitzer console action bracket hold-down screw

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sun Dec 26 16:48:50 MST 2010

On 12/26/2010 4:46 PM, paul bruesch wrote:
> I have a 1955 Wurlitzer console with the really long screws to hold the
> action brackets to the plate... or more accurately, to the spacer
> between the action bracket and the plate. One of the holes is stripped.
> I can screw the screw all the way in with my fingers.

I'd cut a couple or three of strips of somewhat stiff (shoe sides
consistency) leather, poke them in the hole with Titebond, grease up the
screw with Protek, VJ, or whatever you have handy, and reinstall the
same screw and spacer. It's not a sexy high performance application.
Just has to hold the action in for another 55 years.

Yes, it'll almost surely still be around that long, and expected to
"still" work

Ron N