[pianotech] Wurlitzer console action bracket hold-down screw

paul bruesch paul at bruesch.net
Mon Dec 27 06:27:12 MST 2010

David,

I've done enough with "normal" bolts to know exactly what you're talking
about! (That was my comment about old uprights in my first reply to Frank.)
I don't know that I've ever sent a damper head flying, exactly, but I have
nudged some out of whack. Fortunately, the resulting utterances have always
stayed inside my head instead of escaping my lips.

I've attached a couple photos, worth so many words. The first shows
plenty(?) clearance at note 1. The second shows the current screws unscrewed
far enough, and the action tipped back to where the brackets would clear
"normal" bolts. It certainly looks to me as though it would easily clear
with a modicum of care without cursing the noob (moi) who replaced the
screws.

Additional thoughts?

Paul Bruesch
Stillwater, MN