[pianotech] Dampers in the high treble/more volume, was middle pedal

Alan Eder reggaepass at aol.com
Tue Dec 28 07:01:15 MST 2010

Another comment I have had is that after tuning the piano is "louder".  I
explain that before tuning, all of the strings are playing at different
frequencies, so do not re-enforce the primary frequency of the primary note.

And then there is the itinerant tuner who, after tuning an old upright for the first time in living memory, received the complaint:  "What happened to the vibrato?"

anon