[pianotech] New (to me) action

Terry Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Dec 29 04:04:17 MST 2010

Pretty freaky! I'm with Wim. Looks more-or-less like a modern grand
action - but without a repetition lever. So it appears to function
like a modern upright - a single-escapemnet action. I'd start by
approaching it as a modern grand action, but you may find that some of
the adjustments need to be more or less. Like my guess is that the
hammer shanks will need to rest on a rail (like an modern upright) and
that you will need a tiny bit of lost motion (again, like an upright)
because of the single escapement design.

Or did the rep lever just fall off????????

Terry Farrell