[pianotech] Dam that pinblock!

PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com
Fri Jan 1 14:59:35 MST 2010

What brand of piano was it? Or still is? :-)

In a message dated 1/1/2010 3:33:31 P.M. Central Standard Time,
rnossaman at cox.net writes:

I thought this was cute, so I'm annoying you with it too.  This
is a pinblock that was CA'd in an attempt to nurse it along
for a  few more whatevers. It worked, at least well enough. The
plate webbing  holes were filled more or less level, and there
are dried stalactite drips  on the block bottom. Looks like a
couple of ounces worth in just the bass.  No, I didn't have any
problem getting the plate to separate, and yes, I  pulled the
plate with the rest of the pins still in, removing only the
bass. I'd never had one this thoroughly CA dipped in the shop,
and  thought the plastic collars around the holes were  fun.